Wednesday, June 25, 2008

a cuddle bug



I think he must be a cuddle bug as he hugged Austin when we went shopping on Monday. He was all cuddled up to Tia's Dad Terry on Monday night. And today he turns 5 years old. At this time 5 years ago I had no clue I would have a baby boy by night fall. That my plans for an anniversary dinner would be put off because instead of sitting down for dinner I would be delivering my son. Who came out with blonde hair and blue eyes and white as could be. Nothing like his older brother and sister who came out tan and black hair with dark eyes. Dennis told the nurse he was the fed-ex mans and the poor lady had no clue what to say. But I had my blonde haired boy! I did not care it had been our standing joke that if he came out blonde it had to be the fed-ex mans as Dennis did not give out blonde babies!

It is strange as 11 years ago at this very moment I was waking up thinking I pee'd the bed but it was my water breaking with Stephen. We thougt we would have him. But it was a 2 day wait. And that 6 years later I had Matthew on that day has changed the whole day for me.
My birth with both were so differnet. And after being there for days with Stephen hoping not to deliver I never looked at the 25th with happy thoughts. Now it is filled with the best deliver I had! Granted he almost did not make it to the hospital. Sad considering I did not know I was in labor. And I got to hold him right away.

So today is about my Matthew and we will hang out doing what he wants to do today. And later we will have dinner and hang out with Daddy and the kids. And open 1 gift, from Maria. And then you will see what a 5 year old can do!

Happy Birthday Matthew! I will post more later as I hear him coming down the stairs for some love!