Thursday, May 29, 2008

Samantha and her back

So the doctor called today with the results of Samantha's x-rays we had taken of her back. She has a little over a 10 degree curve she will need to get new x-rays done every 9 months or so. And they will retake them. At 15 degrees she will go to Children's and at 20 degrees they start treatment. So she has a ways to go before we have to think about that. I am really hoping it does not get much worse as she grows but that is not how it normally works. It normally gets a little worse with each inch they grow. But with my kids who knows. I swear my kids never do what sciece says they should do. Sometimes that is good sometimes not so much so. But doctors only know what the majority do and you know I do not know many kids who fit into that at all.

So anyway she is fine and we just got get pictures every 9 months to see how it is doing. I have scoliosis too so I am not real surprised she ended up with it. Now next week she is off to the ortho to see what to do with her teeth! Does it ever end?