Tuesday, May 20, 2008

pondering

yes I am up tonight just thinking. I was all tucked into my bed and now I am sitting here at my computer reading blogs. Catching up on peoples lives. And pondering my kids. I look back through pictures and I am so blessed. I look back at todays posts and I know I have a long way to go as a mother.

I am hopeful that Mini has figured out that if you hit someone they get hurt. Tonight is still sorry. She has gotten mad tonight but has not gone to hit anyone. I am so hopeful that she can stop. Because though I am glad she can stand up for herself, Matthew can not be the brunt of that.

So tonight when she wanted something and Samantha was going to give in I made her say no. Those older three just do not want to say no to their little sister. Samantha waited a long time to get herself that sister and she would do anything for her. Stephen, well he would give anything to anyone. He like making people happy. The same goes for Matthew. He loves Mini to death and though she hit him with a board he made sure to make me promise that I would not tell his friend she hit him so his friend would still like her. Such sweet children but it is not making for a sweet baby!

So as they learn to say no to their sister. I am working hard on patience as she learns that life sucks sometimes and people say no and you have to wait your turn. I plan to read for a bit then settle back into bed for some sleep. As I need to get Stephen his haircut bright and early tomorrow before school.

Samantha and Matthew had soccer pictures tonight and practice. So I will not be forgeting his big ole cut and bruise anytime soon as his pictures will show it just fine.