Monday, March 10, 2008

Dennis and I

Ok I said I would blog about it so here it goes. Dennis is giving 2 weeks today and will start at Kroll Ontrack on the 24th of March. What started as a promise to a friend to send in a resume has ended up being a new job.

But Dennis is excited about it and it is doing what he loves and will be more like his position at Best Buy. It is in Eden Prairie so a bit closer to home once more. His title will be some long thing. But he is excited and therefore we are excited for him. I know nothing of the company everyone else seems to but not me.

So a new adventure begins and I told him as long as this company is good and he is happy and we can settle into this one I am happy to.

I am going to start working less as Mini does not seem to be adjusting well to her Mommy not being here more. It breaks my heart that she crys such big crocidile tears each time I leave for work. i tok Sat off last weekend and I stayed home and she loves that. So I am planning on asking to go down to 2 days a week. Time for me but my kids will get me more often. My husband will have me home to and it will give us as a family lots more time together. So as much as I love to work I need to look at what the kids need and in a few short years they will all be in school and I can look at what the family needs are then and maybe then work more. Until then I need my kids as much as they need me.

You know when you think of life when you are 18 it is nothing like this. I always wanted to be that career girl. In a big city. With no husband no kids. Then I met Dennis and I knew I would not want to do anything without him. Then we decided to have our kids. And you know nothing in the world seemed more important then that little boy we had. Then we added one more and moved to Minnesota. but you know by then I had changed. I thought working more would bring that me back. It does not. I love having the adult time do not get me wrong but I miss my kids. I miss my husband and I miss the time together. I will never be a girl driven to succeed in the world. if my kids grow up happy and do not hate me forever and come home for coffee once in awhile I will be a happy Mom. I do hope they look past my inability to have more patience. I try I really do but I suck at it.

So this got long and if you made it through good for you. I plan on taking the kids in for prfessional photos as son as Sir Stephen gets to feeling better. To say today is not the day is an understatment. Last night I had him come up to our room in tears as his throat hurt. But soon pictures so I can update the ones on the wall and update those you all have.