Thursday, April 02, 2009

MN Zoo

So I got Dennis a family pass to the MN Zoo for his birthday. He loved it there last year when we went. So Friday the kids had no school last week so I brought them. We even let Dennis come with. We grabbed him form work and off we went. I know we used it before his birthday! We went to the indoor exhibits as it was freezing outside! I mean like WOW is it Jan again!
Dennis fell in love with this puffer fish. He went looking at it from all angles. No one knows why but we watch it for a long time! It never puffed up. But it was cool to see.


The reef was awesome to see. We watched it a long time. The kids liked the sharks. Sad but true Stephen and Matthew knew more of the names of the fish then the lady working helping us see fish. Got to love little boys who love fish!





this was the strangest bird! It looked like he had 4 beaks! But it was just one. He did not like his photo taken. So he moved all the time.





Loved these! I wish I could have got closer and taken pictures from a different angle. The colors were just neat on them. Some were a light pink some darker.






Matthew's favorite animal. The kimono dragon. He had to tell us of how he will eat lots of things even bigger then it and we had to stay out of the cage. No worries buddy Mom has no intention of getting in there with most of the animals at this zoo!





I swear this is my kids! No not these they just laid around. But they were just beautiful!






Tile work! These each were tiny tiles and made into this. Loved it!










Oh here are my kids! Running all over the place to see this or that! But we had a really good time! We plan to go again when it is nice outside. And they have a few exhibits we plan to see this summer.