Thursday, April 16, 2009

Matthew's Mercy hospital stay

Our day started out great. We had lunch with a friend. We played, then we went home and Matthew took a nap as did Mini. Yea a perfect day so far if you ask me. I was sewing a sweatshirt. At 3:15 Matthew woke up and was just crying. I thought he had a nightmare or he was not awake and had to pee. He told me yes he had to pee but I had to carry him he hurt too much to walk. And it got worse as time passed so since Mini had an appt already to see the peds I took him with. I had 2 crying kids when we walked into the clinic. We got seen 30 minutes early. And she looked him over and sent us to the ER. She and I both thought it was his appendix.
This is how Matthew laid until they got him some pain meds. Holding that right side. Not a happy boy is all I can say.

When we got to the ER Matthew was just in pain. Out in the waiting room for 3 hours and Matthew started throwing up. On their floor in the garbage. Good times! After they seen him throw up for the 6th or 7th time they got us back right then.

The iv part for Matthew was not great. They tried once to get it in. The vein did not hild and they had to put a new one in right away so 2 pokes before pain meds sucked! But once the antinause meds went in it slowed down the throwing up.




But we used a lot of these anyway! Like 10 or so! Yea and just so you know contrast getting all over me a second time now is no more fun then the first time! Really why make people drink the stuff. I know no one who has kept it down!


Dennis came ot hang out with us which was nice. Matthew was a happy boy to have both of us there.





Pain meds made for a happy boy! Funny as all get out trying to talk! We all laughed! He told the doctor his side did not hurt just his heart and then pointed to his side! OH we laughed!




The ER doc thought his appendix would be coming out soon. So we drew fro white blood count. It was perfect. SO we had to drink the contrast and go for the CT scan.
Please refer to above on my thoughts on this!







But thankfully the meds made him sleep. So for him he was ok with all the waiting that goes on in the ER. His Mommy not so much!
The CT scan showed a bowl opstruction. Not his appendix. And so they put orders in to transfer him to Childrens Minneapolis as they do not see this ever. So off we would go. Onto our next stop the ambulance.