Wednesday, April 23, 2008

raking up willows





So the first picture makes you think they are small and there can not be that many oh but there were. I rake my back yard yesterday just the back line of the property to clean it up and those 2 piles is what I got for it! I only raked for 40-50 minutes and Matthew and I had 2 big piles. So he brought out the chairs and he and his rake took a break and waited for a fire to come to be. As who would work and then not light a fire?! Really Mom just start it now! Who cares that it is windy as all get out and rain is coming just lite the dang fire. I know he was thinking it!

But the wind did not die down till the rain came so today there are still 2 piles of wood that will get burnt the first chance we have. I too am ready to have the first fire of Spring. So the chairs sit there by the fire waiting the chance to sit and watch a fire.

Soon my little man soon! Maybe tomorrow will bring no wind. A daytime fire is not as good as an evening one but it will do to burn all the sticks as Dennis pruined all the Apple trees tonight so I have more to burn tomorrow. Though he told Stephen and Samantha to pick them up after school so that means I will have to burn those a different day.