Thursday, December 04, 2008

St Nick


So last night the kids tell me St Nick is supposed to come can they set their shoes outside. Sure set them in the garage. Well they woke to candy in their shoes. But after thinking on it St Nick is supposed to come tonight! But whatever they are happy and that is what counts. Though this morning they were not all happy. Samantha and Stephen figured out I had put the candy there. How? They had seen the bag in my office. Thankfully I had 2 bags showed them the closed one and they decided maybe I had not put it there. Yes, I know soon they will know but not this morning on the way to school and all sad. Soon they will know for years we lied about Santa. I am not quite ready for this magical time to be over.

but the irony of telling my kids not to lie and then looking them in the eye and saying Santa and St Nick are real is not lost on me. But oh the excitment Matthew and Mini had over the fact that you leave your shoes in the garage and candy shows up was one I wish I had a video camera for! And they would not wear the shoes St Nick had put candy in either today. No they left them in the garage in hopes he would return to put more in there.