Monday, September 01, 2008

My Husband

My husband can be a strange man let me tell you. We took the kids and Dad and Bonnie to see the Kelly Farm. We had been there before but they had not. We walked around saw all the things. We just getting ready to leave when it turned into a scary moment. We had been watching them do threshing by hand with a horse drawn thresher. Dennis ans Stephen were helping them pull over a new load of straw on a canvas. And Mini Matthew Samantha and I were standing there watching the happening as they were tired and getting more then a little crabby.

Well all of a sudden the belt slepped and when they applied the brake so the horses could slow down it shattered the wheel and wood went flying high in the sky and all over the place. I got our kids back but what does Dennis do? He grabs a log to help stop the tread mill that the horses were on. It took 3 guys each with a log to stop it. The horses ended up with cuts on them but no people got hurt. How I do not know really. There were angels watching over that group as nails and screws and wood were everywhere. I will download the pictures later but lord that man needs to think and stay out of harms way not jump into it! Poor Grandpa almost had a heart attack as he and Bonnie watched it from the tree in the shade while they waited for the kids to be done checking things out. He came over to make sure everyone was fine.

We are off to the outlet mail today and I hope no excitment!