Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Today

Today we had Stephen's 5th grade graduation. The class was wearing their shirts that proclaim that in 2016 they will graduate high school. I wonder if these people know what that does to my heart?

My baby is leaving elem school in 3 days never to return. he will move to the big school. All by himself. No knowing that he and Samantha have each others back. No more knowing that if someone hurts one at school the other is there. And to know that in 7 short short years he will have another graduation and it will be from high school scares me to no end. My kids are growing so fast.

They need to stop. I remember a small 6 lbs 2 oz baby boy. I remember a little 2 year old dunking himself in a bucket of water. I remember a boy getting on the bus for the first time seeming so small. Now I have a boy who is almost as tall as me. Who is so very grown up and does his chores like I ask him to. Who mows my lawn without complaint. Who watches his siblings when his Mom asks him to. Who does dishes and never tries to get out of his work. Oh please do not grow up I do not want the day to come that you hate me. That you mouth back. I just want my sweet little boy to stay little. (Well not so little as I almost need to look up to him) But oh I want this time to go more slowly.