Thursday, June 18, 2009

Mom

You know my Mom is one of those people I thought would live forever. It is hard to see her getting worse. The humidity seems to really be making her cough bad right now. She seems to be getting worse that is for sure. For a few weeks she had more pain. Now she says it is better. But I know she is still taking meds so I do not know if the pain is really better or not.

She has times where her short term memorey seems to be gone. And times where she seems fine. but do you know where I know Mom is struggling the most. I can see it everytime she goes in her kitchen. Her kitchen is where she shined. Her kitchen has made more food and some of my favorite foods since I was a little girl. Andn ow she struggles to remember how to cok those same things she has made for 50 years.

I worried when she forgot how to make pizza and I worry when she forgets how to bake a ham. The time is coming when really she needs help. But how do I make her understand she needs help? I am not there everyday. I know it has to be hard on Dad. I just want this to be as pain free for her as possible and as easy on Dad as it can be. And I feel helpless.