Monday, June 01, 2009

Planting our part of the garden

When Dad and I were busy planting our tomatoes the other day the kids planted the cut offs. They did not look so good while I was there to plant the peppers. But Dad says now they are growing up a storm. We plan a trip out to the farm to check on them soon.
The peppers went in and got watered and this summer we will have bell peppers and hot peppers. And I planted 11 tomatoes so we can make salsa. And if that is not enough tomatoes I will be all nice to Larry and I am sure for some salsa he will talk Nancy into sharing hers! See there is cuch smartness in me!

Mini and Matthew are all about watering. Yes they water a lot anf then go get more water and water some more. They were not too happy when all the wayering was done.


I have 3 kinds tomatoes planted at the farm, romam celebrity, and beef steak. I have sweet 100's planted here at the house. I am hoping to make tomatoe sauce this fall too.



the kids traveled that garden. And they got lots of steps in. And I am sure the other plants they watered that day were happy top see water. As rain is non exsistant here in MN right now. Even when we are due a storm we get just a mist. We need a few showers with a few inches of rain. And lets not have it come in one wave either. But we will see. I water my plants at the house everyday too as it is so hot this summer and dry. Some day it will start raining and it will not stop I am sure.