Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Cub Scout Cake Auction


so yes it was that time of year again. And of course I thought I would make some great thing for Stephen to bring for cake auction to be judged and then sold. I saw these cake balls and cake lollipops on Pioneer Woman's site and loved the thought of them. I mean really how neat are they and they can be used for so many different designs!



Yea so I did not really think how much work these little things would be! I mean to make a few dozen lollipops and 4 dozen mini cupcakes took one whole night and 1 whole day. And then it was time to decorate for the nights auction!





But it came out great and Stephen in his last year of cake auction took most beautiful and grand champion at the cake auction. He has 2 ribbons for this one. The other cake I made was the mini muffins dipped in chocolate. But I just set them on a platter and served it up. I just ran out of time.
But these things are very good. And I love to eat them so I am glad to get them out of my house. Everyone who has tried them have liked them. But I am glad cake auctions are behind us for a full year. really close to 2 years before Matthew comes up to cub scouts.