Monday, July 14, 2008

sometimes I get the feeling

Sometimes I get the feeling my kids love me but they love going more. Grandma called this morning to see if we wanted beans out of the garden. Of course we do. Then she said they were headed to the cabin for 5 days and if the kids wanted to come with 2 of them could go. Pack and bring it with us when we come for supper. Samantha and Matthew leave tonight and head to the cabin tomorrow morning. I am down to 2 children. Stephen has a parade on Friday for boy scouts and did not want to miss it.

Matthew and Samantha never blinked an eye they wanted to go. Let's pack rigt now Mom and go. The love I feel when they just are readyt o leave me not even thinking. But you know I am so glad they are able to go. They are all confident enough to leave me for a week and love to do it. I miss them when they go but they always come home full of hugs. Only my Mini would never shoose to be away from me, YET being a key word there.

I am glad we raised them to love adventure. I get the feeling that someday they when they go to college it will be far away from me. And how I plan to face that I don't know. As I really like having my kids around me. Matthew asked if he could come for coffee whith me when he was older. you know I can not wait for the day I can sit and have coffee with the kids and visit. But I also want to hold onto the days where they have hot coco and I have my coffee while we do little games to!

But Matthew is going fishing and no amount of love for Mom or Dad for that matter is going to stop that boy from fishing!! So I am off to do laundry and pack for the kids and prepare for a quiet house of 2.