Thursday, January 15, 2009

Way to cold out

We have no school today. It is 42 below zero with the windchill. I will not allow the kids to step foot outside out home today. For nothing!
My bad day the other day started like this:
I woke at 4:30am (not my best time of any day) I smelled burning plastic. Great a house fire at 4:30am could it be at noon when I am awake please?! I got Dennis up and he freaked. (Note to self do not wake up husband at 4:30am and mention house fire) He wanted the kids out of the house even with no smoke alarms going off. No thanks I will wake them up if I see smoke or flames not before. So we wnet around the house looking. We narrowed it down to our kitchen. Great as there is how many appliances there. We checked the new bunn coffee pot Dad gave us. No it did not smell of burning but man the odor was strong there. Dennis pulled out the frig and unplugged it and went checking in the basement in case the smell was coming up the vent from there. Nope he could find nothing. I plugged in frig and the stench was bad so we had found the culprit. Unplugged it and tried to go back to sleep. but images of what would have happened had I not smelled it did not sit great with me.

The thought of not getting my 4 kids up and out the door went over in my head. I fell asleep when Dennis went to work for the day and I got up shortly after. I called to get someone out to look at it. Not happening till this week. Great! I moved the frig stuff to the basement refrig. Thank goodness we keep that beer frig! And moved the freezer stuff to where I could out in the big freezer. (Maybe living in MN right now is not bad as I could have tossed things on the top of said freezer and they would be colder!

Then I turned on my computer to sew. And my masterworks which I use everyday I sew to make up my designs did not work because when Dennis shut down my computer it was not happy at how he did it. Great! I have a friend coming over to sew as her machine was broke and now mine is out to! And then e-mail went down and well the kids wanded me to go buy yogurt but gee you need space to put that and at the moment I have no frig space and I am tired and I am sure when they come look at said frig they will say I need a new one and well great because w eall have $1000 laying around to buy new frigs when old ones are only 5 1/2 years old! So yea it was a bad day but it did end. And yesterday they came to look at my frig and told me I needed a new one.

I was not suprised. he showed me the burning plastic I smelled the overload button had jammed or something because the compressor froze and it tried to trip but because it had done it so many times before it did not work and it started smoldering. And in the end I am thnkful beyond belief that all I need is a new frig. Because my family is safe and this week or next I will go pick out a new frig. Considering this one broke 6 months after the warrentee went out I doubt it will be from Sears.

This week is a busy one and I have sewed more and I have got some good pictures I will get them up later. For now I need to finish getting my girl scout cookie packets together and go deliver them. Because though it is cold Cookies go on sale on Sat and being the cookie Mom means I need to get 11 little girls their things so they can sell cookies! So if you see Samantha coming know she will hit you up to buy some cookies! Have a warm day guys and stay inside!