Monday, January 19, 2009

my old frig




So the repair man came wed and said you need a new frig. Your old one here has a compressor that is seized and the burning smell came from this here override switch. It has switched enough times it burned out and then smoldered and this here blackened area is what that smell was. Thankfully we were home and I smelled it. The thoughts it brings to my head if we had been fishing at the cabin for a week when it happened is not good thoughts. Though really nothing in this house is worth anything to me as long as my family is not in it. But still this will take some forgetting for me.
So I took everything out of the frig and I put it on the table and I had to figure out where it would all go. Somethings went in the garbage. Some went in the basement frig. I took out all the beer. And I squeezed all the freezer things outside in the freezer. but really it is amazing what you find in your frig when you empty it all the way out to clean. (Well I am not cleaning it now that it will be going to the recycling center)But out sad is this at 5 1/2 years it still has on its protective coverings on the shelves in the freezer! If only it worked!