Thursday, February 12, 2009

Please wake me soon



I know I must be asleep. Mini is worse today. She is not feeling good at all. Then today I got a phone call I knew was the school. I assumed one of the kids were not feeling good. Little did I know Beth would be telling me that Stephen was hurt and I needed to come get him and take him to urgent care. He fell at recess, slipped on ice and hit his head. He has a big bump. The size of a baseball and raised a lot. And when I seen it I knew it was not great. And sure enough off to urgent care we went and then off to the ER as they wanted a CT scan of his head to check for fractures or bleeds. I am happy to report both were negative he has a concussion and we will have to watch him tonight but he will be fine. but he will have a headache for a few days and then he will have to sit out of recess and gym for a week after the headache goes away. And he is not too happy but I am thinking of making him stay home tomorrow. Yea it is causing him to not want to lay down as he wants to show me he is fine but he is pale and he is sleepy and he is dizzy and I do not want him in school. I may call his teacher in the morning find out what time the party is for Valentines day and take him just for that and pick him back up afterward.

After no sleep last night because Mini was coughing and up most of the night I am tired tonight but I will be setting my alarm for 2-3 hour increments to check on Stephen. He has to get woke up every hour till 10pm. but I will check on him tonight just to be sure. Because he is not himself at all.

And here I thought we were getting away with not many bugs this winter. But after that trip to the ER I fear we may come down with bugs as there were alot of sick people puking all over that place!