Thursday, June 28, 2007

pictures from the hospital

Stephen and Matthew






Kids with a therapy dog. They loved this part and it was an 11 year old german shepard but the nicest dog. And he loved kids so he laid down waiting on the kids to lay on him. Mini kept sticking her fingers in the poor things eyes. He never cared. He licked her she laughed.
Stephen trying to turn his head. Poor kid could not move it but they loved to ask him to try. But just a short 12 hours later he would be turning it much better. Pain meds and antibiotics are good drugs to have in this world I can tell you.
Stephen and Samantha hanging out on the bed together. This is where Samantha spent as much of her visits to see Stephen as possible. She was really glad when he came home. Matthew was really upset too when they left that nigth so Samantha slept in with him. He did not like his room mate being gone.


Stephen and Mini




So there they are. I told Stephen he looks like a m initure dr all in scrubs. Once he felt better he wanted to keep his scrubs.

Ten years before I was in the hospital with my water broke waiting for our little boy to arrive and there I lay with him now. On his birthday as I laid there with him I remembered him so tiny and now he took up a lot more of the bed. But once more he needed his Mommy. And I needed him to come home. I can not believe he is 10 now and getting so big. He has come so far from 6 pounds 2 ouces and 19 inches long. He is now 58 1/2 inches and 92 pounds. I am so glad to have him home and doing so much better! So another little adventure is behind us and I can not say I ever need to repeat. I hate when one of the kids have to go visit the hospital. We seem to have one in there a year. Why I do not know but I could live without it.

I have seen the inside of that hospital more times this year then I ever need to again. I hope to avoid it for the next 10 years too. So that is our little update with pictures for you all. I am off to go give meds and then grab 4 of those kids and tackle them. Well not Stephen but a hug will do.