Sunday, May 20, 2007

Strep throat baby

So this is the reason the blog did not get updated Thursday. Mini felt the need to scare her mother to death. She got a fever in the afternoon I gave her motrin put her down for a nap thinking she was teething. Well she woke up 3 hours later with a higher one. I gave her tylonal and called the peds as I figured we had an ear infection. I could not get her in till later so when the time came up I gave more motrin. But the fever just hung on.
When we got to the clinic I told them I could not get it to break. I figured it was 102 but it had rose to 103.4 and they checked her ears and they were all pretty they said. I knew it was a bad sign. So they rean strep and told me to hope it was + or we were getting our admit papers to the hospital! So I was so pleased when it came as + so home we went for a cool bath to try and break the fever. And at 2am her fever broke! And the next morning you would not know our little girl was so sick the day before.
Thankfully she like her meds as she does not fight you at all!