Wednesday, May 09, 2007

A new adventure

I have thought of this post in my head for 2 days. And I am sure it will still not come out well. Dennis interviewed you all know back in March for a company in Portland Oregon. He turned down there offer. But just last week they came back with a new offer for him to think on. On Monday he signed the letter and he gave his 2 weeks notice here in Minnesota.

He will travel back to Oregon for training and then he will work from the house here till it sells. So we do not know when really we will be moving, but we hope this summer so the kids can start the new year in their new school.

So our family is embarking on a new adventure of moving. Starting over and looking at new friends. Andyou know you would think I would be better at this since I have done this once before but it is still hard to move away from family. When I did this move to Oregon last time I was a 20 year old girl. No kids and just my family here. Now I get to bring with me my 4 wonderful kids and my husband. So it is easier in a way. But really knowing trips to the cabin will be far between now is hard. My kids are worried they will not see family form here again.

We have told them we will visit and they will visit. Uncle Jim already said he would come out for a visit with a favorite cousin Dominic. So they feel life is still good. They are always in for a new adventure! So exciting times coming for us! So Oregon family you best be ready to be swamped with us all!

I am going for lunch with Dennis and his team here today. They thought he was kidding when he told them he gave his notice. Poor Dennis had to convince them that yes this was real.

I will update on here when we have more news. So for now I am muddling through learning to put a house on the market. And packing though anyone who knows me knows I love to pack! For me it is so nice to throw things out that you held on to in case you need them in 5 years.