Sunday, November 16, 2008

Long update

So I went to see Mom and Dad at the farm on Wed and then I took Nancy home with me to take to bowling. We went to bowling and came home and loaded the kids up. Headed to Iowa but before we even got out of Elk River Dad called. Mom was sick again. So we turned around and headed to the hospital, kids and all. Thinking in a few hours they would have Mom settled again and we would be on the road to Iowa again. And as long as it was nothing major we would go there. As Nancy had to go to work and I was her ride.

I called Dennis 3 hours later and had him come get the kids and swap cars with me. And Nancy and I hungout with Dad at the hospital. We got out of there at 4am and I drove Dad back to Watkins and left his place at 4:30 and then headed back to Elk River as Dennis leaves for work at 6am. I crawled into bed at 5:30am and my kids wanted to know why we were not leaving for the pig farm. And all I wanted was sleep. At got up 2 hours later and we headed out. After checking that Mom was doing ok and they still thought it was just post surgery stuff.

We got to Iowa and we unpacked and I naped for an hour and then to the barns we went. You did not think the kids would let me go a whole day did you? So we went down and we went to bed early. And Fri morning we were in the barns again. I got to help move pigs. Dad called to say they knew nothing new yet. Sat Dennis went ot visit and played cards with Mom and Lisa for the day and today Mom got to come home. Her stomache was not working but it is now. Though she is still not eating a lot. Her blood sugars are running really high right now as is her blood pressure. Pray it all settles back down now that she is home again.

I got home this afternoon and I will head to the farm to see Mom tomorrow morning. I will let you know how she looks then. Sorry for the long delay in an update. nancy had no internet so no updating for either of us.