Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Salsa Recipe



Zesty Salsa for Canning

I found this off line by doing a search in google. So it is not my recipe. I did leave the seeds in the hot peppers and if you want it mild I would had only 2/3 the hot peppers. It said it made 6 pints per batch. I got 15 pints per batch.


Ingredients
10 cups roughly chopped tomatoes
5 cups chopped and seeded bell peppers
5 cups chopped onions
2 1/2 cups hot peppers, chopped, seeded
1 1/4 cups cider vinegar
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 tablespoons cilantro, minced
3 teaspoons salt
1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
Directions
1 Combine all ingredients except tomato paste in large sauce pot.
2 Simmer until desired thickness.
3 Stir in tomato paste.
4 Ladle hot salsa into hot jars leaving 1/4 inch head-space.
5 Process 15 minutes in a hot water bath.
6 Note: use more hot peppers for a very hot salsa or less for mild.