Monday, August 25, 2008

Mishap #2




So thur morning dawned bright and we went fishing and in the afternoon Mini did not nap. Never good really. So I knew after supper she would go down to sleep. Well I was outside grilling ribs (that ended up burned) And she was running between me and Papa filling sand buckets and triped right into the fire ring. Yea my worst nightmare up there. And planted her whole hand onto the ring. Thankfully the fire was not as hot as it is most times. Grandpa and I both knew right away that scream and got her inside and her hand in ice water. She did great and kept it there for 2 1/2 hours. Longer then I would have made her but it made it feel better as it was the only time she was not crying.

And after the whole hand being all wrinkled when I brought her in she only ended up with 1 blister. That has now popped but she has been really good about letting me put salve on it and change the bandage a few times a day. But I was afraid for Friday to dawn for what would happen next?!

But this is the end of our mishaps. And everyone had a really good time. Just some heart stopping moments for a Mommy and Papa.