Thursday, December 06, 2007

so very busy

You know I keep thinking life will slow down here. It never does. I do not know when it will either. I do know I am looking forward to Christmas break with the kids. Letting them do nothing but be and have fun. I do not remember so much homework while in elementery school. But Stephen has hours of homework a night. At least 3rd grade is not so bad. We just have read and spelling each night plus a night of math thrown in there and one other homework sheet a week.

Stephen on the other hand has math each night. And hard math. I made 3 mistakes trying to figure it out last night. And spelling and reading. He also gets math packets home once week and spelling packets too. So we decided to move his bedtime back an hour so he can have that hour just to play and be a kid. Since I am not fighting him to get up each morning I guess he can have an hour of freedom at night to just relax.

He is of course loving it. Matthew is sad and I know Samantha is trying to think how she can get away with it to. Though I still have to go get her up each moring and get her going so it will not be anytime soon.

So all the homework is making us all work hard and throw potty training in there. I am thinking just taking away diapers all together is the best plan. But I am not ready for that yet. I did that with the other 3 though to at some point and it works. So when the diapers are gone I will just not be buying more. As I know she can do this and she does better in undies then in her diapers. So give me a few weeks to build my courage and I will jump into potty training full force. But it is cold outside and it is winter and there is snow on the gorund. Christmas is coming so now is not the ideal time.

(can anyone say stalling!)

off to bed with me as I am really tired tonight and I need to get started on Christmas cards one of these nights.