Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Update for Wednesday

Pat called me this morning. Joe was still sleeping a lot yesterday. But got up for some walks. The nurses finally told him no more as if he pushed to hard he would be down longer. You can push only so far dear Joe! Take care of your self!

He was awake and more coherant I guess last night. Jim may go see him today or tonight. And Pat said visits are good for him. I can not go till this cold is gone as I do not want to give it to him. Just what he does not need is to be coughing up a lung with a belly in staples!

His blood sugars are running on the high side for the endo dr will be coming in to try to get them in control and they put him back on his reg insulin. They are also still watching his stomache as it is still distended but it looks better then it did before surgery. So still praying it gets better each day! But until they are sure they will not be going back in and he is on the road to recovery the NG tube stays in to get the secretions out of his stomache. So he has lots of tubes in him and they will be staying for a bit yet.

So that is this mornings update. I am hoping each day continues to get better for him. And anytime I hear anything I will get it on here right away. Keep the prayers coming he can sure use them right now.

Joe keep listening to those doctors! And behave yourself!