Tuesday, August 15, 2006

July 16th Yellowstone

Of course we found a buffalo!! Can't go where they are and not go find them! What this one was doing alone I have no clue but we found him and Dennis could leave a happy man!
They had a fire years back and the charred remains still stand. It always amazes me that they do not cut these trees down and get rid of it. I mean really look at all the fire wood they would have to sell for $3.00 a bundle!!
I guess they have been having trouble with some beetle that is killing the evergreens! No wood from out of state is allowed in. Of course it was 100 here also and no fires were allowed so I don't know of anyone bringing wood.

We drove in the East entrance and saw springs coming out of the rock all over the place. Loved it! Of course with the construction going on you could not stop to play with it at all but still nice to look at on the drive.