Tuesday, August 15, 2006

16 July road to Yellowstone

On our way this morning we saw some of the neatest looking rocks!! Yes we get excited about rocks!


We also found a turn off for a waterfall. It was just gorgous!! We looked around for a while here as they had birds. I hunted this one down for a long time but it never let me take its picture. I wanted to know what it was in the worst way. But each time I got it in my lens it flew off and I would chase it down again. I finally had to admit defeat as we needed to get going.

We came upon a sign that read "Sheep Crossing"
Drive carefully

Ok now in Minnesota here when you see a deer crossing sign you are safe. No deer dare cross there. Not so in Wyoming. Right past the sign these sheep ran accross the road! And I guess free range sheep is better then fenced one as free range is how they all were. As were the cattle! Thankfully none jumped in front of the car.